The integration of Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium into SN

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Re: The integration of Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium into SN

Post by DannyVDB »

Is it correct that already for some time they don't fly in summer to Lourdes anymore? It is not on the map either ...

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

DannyVDB wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:07 Is it correct that already for some time they don't fly in summer to Lourdes anymore? It is not on the map either ...
They canceled Lourdes and Montpellier last year I guess !

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all, in CAPA there is an article on the topic, also including the (possible) new VLM operations and changing Belgian airline landscape (although they seem not to speak about Air Belgium).

https://centreforaviation.com/insights/ ... urn-371328

Does anyone have access to the article to provide an overview main topics/highlights?

Many thanks !

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Another question regarding the integration of TC into SN.

Yesterday I saw at the airport a maintenance building from Thomas Cook Airlines or at least their name was/is on one of the buildings.

Do they 'own' that building, or lease/hire it? I guess it will be used by SN after the takeover? Or how will that work?

Danny

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

DannyVDB wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 09:31 Another question regarding the integration of TC into SN.

Yesterday I saw at the airport a maintenance building from Thomas Cook Airlines or at least their name was/is on one of the buildings.

Do they 'own' that building, or lease/hire it? I guess it will be used by SN after the takeover? Or how will that work?

Danny
The deal is abaout flights, aircraft and crew only. Ground staff and other assets are not part of the deal.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

In the future with this new flights they took over from TMC can you earn Miles on this new charter flights now operated by Brussels Airlines?
Thx
Hasta la victoria siempre.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

lumumba wrote: 11 Oct 2017, 20:55 In the future with this new flights they took over from TMC can you earn Miles on this new charter flights now operated by Brussels Airlines?
Thx
These will be scheduled flights so you will be able to earn miles according your booking class.
Best regards,

Airbuske

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

airbuske wrote: 11 Oct 2017, 21:04
lumumba wrote: 11 Oct 2017, 20:55 In the future with this new flights they took over from TMC can you earn Miles on this new charter flights now operated by Brussels Airlines?
Thx
These will be scheduled flights so you will be able to earn miles according your booking class.
Ok nice thx
Hasta la victoria siempre.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Still waiting to book a flight to Lanzarote end of May 2018.

A pitty as I'm currently looking for a Ryanair flight out of Charleroi (at a price of 150EUR all in, incl. seating, bag, fast lane, priority check in, ...) but wanted to wait for SN first. Can't keep waiting though...

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Flying Scout wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 17:48 Does the FR fare includes a pilot?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Never had any problem with FR: very cheap flights, modern aircraft always right on schedule. About 15 roundtrips in the past 5 years I think.
Neither had any problem with SN: quite cheap flights, modern aircraft, friendly and professional crew, and mostly right on schedule. About 5 roundtrips in the past 5 years I think.

But let's not make it the usual discussion again, let us discuss about the integration of HQ into SN.

I'm not an expert, but as a passenger I think that could have been done more smoothly. My point was that they are losing customers as the schedules of other airlines are already known and bookable, while those new flights of SN aren't bookable yet: a pity!

Auka

Post by Auka »

Poiu wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 14:24
DannyVDB wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 09:31 Another question regarding the integration of TC into SN.

Danny
The deal is abaout flights, aircraft and crew only. Ground staff and other assets are not part of the deal.
I have a flight booked with TC for december, my flight number changed for a SN flight so I have a chance to perhaps have a OO-SN. aircraft ?

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Ofcourse. It may however also be a OO-SS. aircraft, the 319 then. The chance that you'll fly with a plane of TC is rater small. I think both TC aircraft still have to be painted in SN-colours and when this has happened, the chance is 3/33 (22 319 and 11 320) that you have a TC-aircraft (TCQ, TCV, TCH).

convair

Post by convair »

Yuqu12 wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:25 Ofcourse. It may however also be a OO-SS. aircraft, the 319 then. The chance that you'll fly with a plane of TC is rater small. I think both TC aircraft still have to be painted in SN-colours and when this has happened, the chance is 3/33 (22 319 and 11 320) that you have a TC-aircraft (TCQ, TCV, TCH).
11 320 before TCH and TCV, i.e. 13 in total (unless SNJ is coming in in the meantime), so 3 chances out of 35. :) ;)

RTM

Post by RTM »

convair wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:41
Yuqu12 wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:25 Ofcourse. It may however also be a OO-SS. aircraft, the 319 then. The chance that you'll fly with a plane of TC is rater small. I think both TC aircraft still have to be painted in SN-colours and when this has happened, the chance is 3/33 (22 319 and 11 320) that you have a TC-aircraft (TCQ, TCV, TCH).
11 320 before TCH and TCV, i.e. 13 in total (unless SNJ is coming in in the meantime), so 3 chances out of 35. :) ;)
Nah... TCV and TCH are numbers 11 and 12, SNJ will be number 13. TCV and TCH should be up and running in december, don't know if SNJ will be though...

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

TCV is currently being painted, it should be finished by the end of next week. Then it will fly to BRU for some light maintenance, it should start operations on the 29th. TCH should go into paint in the last week of October, and commence operations in the 2nd (or 3rd) week of November.

The current A320 fleet counts 10 a/c (SNA to SNI, and TCQ), TCV and TCH will become number 11 and 12.
Number 13 will be an Alitalia bird, 14 and 15 will be ex-Air Berlin. Number 16 will be an Aeroflot bird (arriving in May '18).
Last edited by DeltaWiskey on 12 Oct 2017, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

convair

Post by convair »

RTM wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:53
convair wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:41
Nah... TCV and TCH are numbers 11 and 12, SNJ will be number 13. TCV and TCH should be up and running in december, don't know if SNJ will be though...
You're right; 3 chances out of 34 then (if SNJ comes later). :)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

SNJ is going to be something for January or February.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:57 TCV is currently being painted, it should be finished by the end of next week. Then it will fly to BRU for some light maintenance, it should start operations on the 29th. TCH should go into paint in the last week of October, and commence operations in the 2nd (or 3rd) week of November.

The current A320 fleet counts 10 a/c (SNA to SNI, and TCQ), TCV and TCH will become number 11 and 12.
Number 13 will be an Alitalia bird, 14 and 15 will be ex-Air Berlin. Number 16 will be an Aeroflot bird (arriving in May '18).
Wow that's quite some expansion. You must be good informed as this isn't mentioned on websites with databases of airlines.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

It has been mentioned on this forum a few times. Now that the Avro phas-out is finished, SN will continue up scaling 'average aircraft size' by replacing A319's that come end of lease with larger A320's. In addition there will some expansion and in July/August even some additional short term lease might be needed to cover all holiday flights, depending on the phase in and out of aircraft.
I think that by 2020 the balance of A319/320 will be more about 50/50 or even in the benefit of A320 vs A319.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Any idea about Belgian Icon,on which aircraft it will be ?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting