flight simulator X

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
michiel007

flight simulator X

Post by michiel007 »

For one year now i have been flying with flight simulator 2004 a century of flight .I know the new flightsim flights sim X has been last released last year and now(because the game is much cheaper then a few months ago) I wonna buy fligt sim X deluxe.but i have some questions:Are the graphics really better ? , do you need a joystick?
I don't have a heavy pc :oops:

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Unless you have a high end PC with at least two gigs of ram, and a dual core processor you will be disappointed! you will be much happier with FS9, and adding some scenery and aircraft.

You really need a machine with graphics card that will run directX 10 to enjoy the full benefits, as the software is designed around that system.
There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

nielsbollen

Post by nielsbollen »

Bits44 is right. I use FS2004 with a lot of addons and I also have FSX but my pc doesn't like it. I think FS2004 with much addons is much more fun than FSX but if you got a strong computer and if you have addons it will be beautiful of course but PC killing on a bad one. By the way, it's very difficult to fly without a joystick. It's almost impossible without.
Greetz,

Niels

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

2gb ram :?
how many cpu u need?

gr,
ds

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

My processor is a Pentium IV @ 2 Ghz, which meets the recommended, but it's still slow at medium settings. Really, I think one is better off with FS9. Even if you have a good pc, you can only install FSX twice if you want to play multiplayer.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

michiel007

Post by michiel007 »

Where can I buy those add-ons?Isn't it difficult to install them and to invert them in the game?

bits44

Post by bits44 »

The addition of components will depend on your current set-up!

FSX is processor dependant rather than video card! although you will still require a very good card, and like I mentioned earlier FSX is based on directX 10 and requires a card that will run that video to obtain the full effect. As well I mentioned the memory requirement of 2 Gigs as a comfortable level to obtain fast read and write speeds.

FSX is extremley graphics dependent and when run at max settings it is a thing of beauty, but there are very few machines capable of running it at its potential, and unless you wish to spend 4 or 5 thousand dollars U.S. for a top line gaming machine you would be better off tweaking FS9 with add-ons. Your current machine would probably benefit from a memory upgrade and possibly a newer video card, but you didn't mention what you have now.
There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

My dad actually got a new rig. Of course, I installed FSX out of curiosity. It was really a top-of-the-line Dell with a dual-core. But even with that on full settings, the sim ran at 4-5 fps and the textures looked like Jpegs with an uneven alpha.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

js51672

Re: flight simulator X

Post by js51672 »

Hi ,

who can help me.

If I want to start fsx , there comes a warning message "could not write fsx.cfg"
who knows what it is , and can solve the problem

Jeroen
Royal Air Maroc Boeing 787 Dreamliner op Everett

SteGo

Post by SteGo »

Hello,

Perhaps there is a problem with the user rights to write to files.
Have you installed FSX or are you running FSX with administrator rights ?
The FSX.cfg file is located in "documents and settings/[username]/application data/microsoft/fsx".

Stego

js51672

Post by js51672 »

Hi Strange....
Original game!
but I cann't find the location!

but thankx
Royal Air Maroc Boeing 787 Dreamliner op Everett

jameshop7

Post by jameshop7 »

The first 3 answers are all correct and cover all of the bases.
Except they all forget that if you crash in a real Cessna you have a real problem. If you crash in a Cessna on MS Flight X you can reset and try again and again with no pain or expense.

Do you play any other video games? They can be difficult. Shooting games can be much more difficult than shooting in real life. How many monsters have you tried to kill lately?

So with all of that in mind I still think flying a real airplane is harder because of the consequences of failing.

itil certification raleigh | Heating and Air Baltimore | Power Washing Raleigh | PC Repair Baltimore

kerwin

Post by kerwin »

hoho, :shock:
Looks awesome.

But how can i get it?
Do you understand the feeling of missing someone? beats by dr dre
It is just like that you will spend a long hard time to turn the ice-cold water you have drunk into tears.

bmwmaniac

Post by bmwmaniac »

flightsim sim X is one of my favorite all time..