VLM Airlines news 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: VLM Airlines news 2017

Post by luchtzak »

Stij wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 21:17
Aerofool wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 18:07(if I may add a personal note: this is my 13th post here, and still nobody welcomed me, or I missed it :roll: :roll: ) :D
Whoops... sorry!

Welcome!

Nobody was ever welcomed on this forum 3 times! ;-)

Stij
Welcome aerofool, English for luchtvaartgek?

Haplek

Post by Haplek »

The Winter Season is almost here. It starts on October 29. I am wondering what is going on with other routes of VLM Airlines.

Those are:
Antwerp - Zürich
Maribor - Zürich
Maribor - Belgrade.

I am starting to doubt if they are going to start in the winter at all. Both routes from Maibor were already listed in airlines' website but removed later on. Schedule for those flights was also not logical. No possible transfer in Maribor (almost 1 day of waiting time) and two aircraft would be needed for operations to be done.

My source:
http://www.exyuaviation.com/2017/10/vlm ... h.html?m=1

In slovenian AOC thy have 3 F50 aircraft listed. I am not sure if those routes could be operated with only 3 aircraft.

AAI

Post by AAI »

i think they better start with a ANR ZRH MBX BEG MBX ZRH ANR

Haplek

Post by Haplek »

AAI wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 16:57 i think they better start with a ANR ZRH MBX BEG MBX ZRH ANR
Yes, I agree. That would be far more logical.

Aerofool

Post by Aerofool »

Stij wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 21:17
Aerofool wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 18:07(if I may add a personal note: this is my 13th post here, and still nobody welcomed me, or I missed it :roll: :roll: ) :D
Whoops... sorry!

Welcome!

Nobody was ever welcomed on this forum 3 times! ;-)

Stij

I feel blessed (3 times) now :D

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

AAI wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 16:57 I think they better start with a ANR ZRH MBX BEG MBX ZRH ANR
One of the reasons why the old VLM went bankrupt, is because they had too many destinations and/or bases that were too risky.

They better start with just Antwerp-London. Same for operations out of Maribor.

AAI

Post by AAI »

no no, as they have the intention to fly MBX ZRH and MBX BEG
than i say, they can better combine initially and see afterwards to fly point to point

Haplek

Post by Haplek »

Just to inform you. Slovenian local daily newspaper Večer (Styrian region, headquartered in Maribor) reported yesterday that there will be no flights between Maribor (MBX) and Zurich (ZRH) or Belgrade (BEG) in this winter schedule. Maribor airport also confirmed that no scheduled flights were officially announced by VLM Airlines. However another media also reported that these flights might happen within few months. VLM also stated that they are "very busy scheduling routes apart their ARN-LCY route". Some media also reported that one F50 aircraft will be used for ARN-LCY route and two other (listed in Slovenian AOC) for short-term ACMI leasing operations.

Does anyone of you have some of following information?

1) Can some of remaining F50 aircrafts be added to the Slovenian AOC or are in process to be listed there?

2) How close is the takeover of other aircraft like A320 or F70 VLM Airlines announced to add to the fleet in order to expand operations?

PttU

Post by PttU »

ARN? ANR! ;)

carllegein

Post by carllegein »

Guys lets not forget one unit is dedicated to Vizion Air, we have done some 100 flights already. VLM performs great, the aircraft is reliable, we love them.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Maybe a bit off topic: London City Airport will be revamped by 2025, with a parallel taxiway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t4WpdCyZj4

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Haplek wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 13:53 Just to inform you. Slovenian local daily newspaper Večer (Styrian region, headquartered in Maribor) reported yesterday that there will be no flights between Maribor (MBX) and Zurich (ZRH) or Belgrade (BEG) in this winter schedule. Maribor airport also confirmed that no scheduled flights were officially announced by VLM Airlines. However another media also reported that these flights might happen within few months. VLM also stated that they are "very busy scheduling routes apart their ARN-LCY route". Some media also reported that one F50 aircraft will be used for ARN-LCY route and two other (listed in Slovenian AOC) for short-term ACMI leasing operations.

1) Can some of remaining F50 aircrafts be added to the Slovenian AOC or are in process to be listed there?

2) How close is the takeover of other aircraft like A320 or F70 VLM Airlines announced to add to the fleet in order to expand operations?
I think they were taken by surprise when Cityjet decided to stop the ANR to LCY route (DAT had a contract for the ATR with them until the end of the winter season). I guess VLM was planning some other routes, but then decided to take over the LCY.

At the moment 3 F50 on Slovenian register: 1 needed for ANR to LCY and 2 others for charters. I expect them to launch more routes when they get their Belgian AOC and that way will have more F50 available (3 F50 on the Belgian AOC). Belgian AOC should be very close now... next week? I guess at the same time when Air Belgium receive their first A340 and connected to that their AOC.

2 A320 should be operational soon with VLM. No rumours any more about F70.

But they need to get their website in order. First flight in less then 2 days and not able to book flight on their own website. How hard can it be?

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

I think they were taken by surprise when Cityjet decided to stop the ANR to LCY route (DAT had a contract for the ATR with them until the end of the winter season). I guess VLM was planning some other routes, but then decided to take over the LCY.
At least VLM is making some publicity on "Radio Nostalgie".(home page + radiospots)
Anyone heard/saw publicity elsewhere for their ANR-LCY flights?

http://www.nostalgie.eu/

http://www.nostalgie.eu/nieuws/vlieg-da ... onden.html

Haplek

Post by Haplek »

PttU wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 14:05ARN? ANR! ;)
ANR, of course, sorry...

Haplek

Post by Haplek »

koninckske wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 16:04
Haplek wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 13:53 Just to inform you. Slovenian local daily newspaper Večer (Styrian region, headquartered in Maribor) reported yesterday that there will be no flights between Maribor (MBX) and Zurich (ZRH) or Belgrade (BEG) in this winter schedule. Maribor airport also confirmed that no scheduled flights were officially announced by VLM Airlines. However another media also reported that these flights might happen within few months. VLM also stated that they are "very busy scheduling routes apart their ARN-LCY route". Some media also reported that one F50 aircraft will be used for ARN-LCY route and two other (listed in Slovenian AOC) for short-term ACMI leasing operations.

At the moment 3 F50 on Slovenian register: 1 needed for ANR to LCY and 2 others for charters. I expect them to launch more routes when they get their Belgian AOC and that way will have more F50 available (3 F50 on the Belgian AOC). Belgian AOC should be very close now... next week? I guess at the same time when Air Belgium receive their first A340 and connected to that their AOC.

2 A320 should be operational soon with VLM. No rumours any more about F70.

But they need to get their website in order. First flight in less then 2 days and not able to book flight on their own website. How hard can it be?

Thank you!

About those 2 A320s... do we know in which AOC these aircraft will be listed? And possible routes for the A320s? Any ideas, rumours or speculations?

And yes... i fully agree about the website.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

There is a press conference Monday for the launch of ANR-LCY. I will ask them the question about their future (routes and aircraft).
André
ex Sabena #26567

cs100

Post by cs100 »

The website now supports booking AND first flight from Antwerp to London City is flying with oo-vli.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

cs100 wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 07:54 first flight from Antwerp to London City is flying with oo-vli.
Aviation24.be will be present to report.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

pitrixplanespotting wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 11:29 You guys are busy these days :P :lol:
Overworked :D