Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

saratoga

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by saratoga »

This waiting proces for both Air B. and VlM is takng so long that i can not believe anymore this is just coincidence. There must be protectionism be involved, from certain airline companies or airports.....or even politcal authorities who are happy to see these projects to fail. Truly ashamed to be Belgian. :(

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I have to agree, though I reluctantly enter the den of politics. But the government should order an inquiry in the running of the state agencies concerned, their lack of performance is costing this country lots of money and jobs-jobs-jobs.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

I can assure you: in both cases there is only one major problem: the origin of the financing . :(

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Didn't Air Belgium say that the long waiting was due to an internal fault and not due to the Belgian administration?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

While I would definitely like to see more Belgian planes in the skies, I can't agree with the idea that just because they are (claiming to be) Belgian, our administration should give them whatever they ask for, asap.

Since launch dates keep shifting and targets keep being missed, there's clearly something very wrong with their application! While I don't know for sure what that is, it may indeed be very much linked to the not so transparant financial structure behind this Airlines as some have suggested, because indeed, so far nobody has been able to clearly tell us where all the money used to set it up is going to come from (and whether it is even Belgian in the first place?). Who are the shareholders for instance?

And yes, I know: the market is being taken by other, already existing and far more reputable airlines meanwhile, like Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong or Hainan on Beijing and that other PRC destination, so some sense of urgency may be at its place here, but that should stimulate them to be fully forthcoming and more professional in the handling of their administrative application and the requests for additional clarification on it, rather than to waste themselves on less crucial issues like crew uniforms, colour schemes and websites... or have a plane do landing training at a regional airport just when the Fed Min of Mobility happens to be present there for some completely unrelated event: first things first, one should say, no?

If I see some unknown company I have to engage with behave in such a way, I'd be getting increasingly worried about their intentions too, so none of this is helping them at all; quite on the contrary even.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

https://references.lesoir.be/entreprise ... r-belgium/

AirBe is looking for new jobs...

News from Facebook page (comments)...

The airline will receive its first aircraft in a month...
And still no AOC...
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

TLspotting wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 17:52 https://references.lesoir.be/entreprise ... r-belgium/

AirBe is looking for new jobs...

News from Facebook page (comments)...

The airline will receive its first aircraft in a month...
And still no AOC...
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-b ... positions/

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

May be good that some pay a visit to aviation24.be ?
;)

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/ ... tract.html

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 11:30 May be good that some pay a visit to aviation24.be ?
;)

H.A.
I am not a member of the PPRuNe forum, but maybe you can kindly provide them with a link to the right place? ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

sn26567 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 12:26
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 11:30 May be good that some pay a visit to aviation24.be ?
;)

H.A.
I am not a member of the PPRuNe forum, but maybe you can kindly provide them with a link to the right place? ;)
I'd have done that with pleasure but I'm not a member either.
Maybe Bart or another Luchtzak/Aviation24 member?

H.A.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Done ;)

Homo Aeroportus

Bralo20 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 13:03Done ;)
Thanks Bralo20.
Kinda three-cushion billiard but only normal in the land of Raymond Ceulemans. :D

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bralo20 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 13:03Done ;)
Thanks Bralo20 ! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

We still hope AirBelgium will fly soon.
If so, they hopefully will also consider destinations other than Chinese.

3 or 4 destinations in China, to "smaller" cities like Chongqing, Tianjin, Qingdao would be Top.

But how about Boston, Mexico: great potential there for biz and tourism.
BOS is probably the most interesting airport now on the East Coast. No connection with BRU !!

MEX is booming, both biz and tourism. Latinos love Europe and have the means.

a product like what AB is offering will certainly be successful.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

and no etops problems...... for Mexico or BOS

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

Rather than fly to the Americas they should better focus on Asia and do it well... and then make a deal with someone to feed their flights... while Jetairfly may not be ideal as it serves more vacation than business destinations from BRU still some of their routes could feed the Asian flights...
BOS would not be interesting for connections to Asia as we have 2 flights a day by Hainan to PEK and SHA plus daily JAL, Cathay.... but there are plenty of smaller European cities without Asian service who could feed their flights in BRU...
Once they are well established to Asia then there is room for America... also depending what happens with SN/LH... if that was ever to become EW then AB could certainly begin serving the USA as the one Belgian airline...

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Airbus330lover wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 23:44 and no etops problems...... for Mexico or BOS
No ETOPS problems at all on an A340!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Direct flight to saint helena helena then !
Disruptive for sure :))
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Summer has passed without AB ... the winter season is upon us without AB ...Is it not a white elephant ?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

nordikcam wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 09:58 Summer has passed without AB ... the winter season is upon us without AB ...Is it not a white elephant ?
My thoughts exactly, only 5 months before Summer 2018.