2012 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cnc

Re: 2012 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:hmm, you have a point. Why would they not release such info?
Having said that, you would expect a journalist to check their sources
even they need time to get all facts and details and communicate with all parties involved before making a press release

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

This is a forum, and the general principle of a forum is that everyone is free to share news, information, facts, comments. If news about LGG has to be limited to good news about cargo growth only, the title of this topic has to be changed.

FACT : on 27th Nov 2012, all Belgian press reported about an incident at LGG, all with the same source: Belga. Their initial report mentioned “fire on board”, and Belga corrected it later that day. However, nobody from the airport apparently gave Belga more details about the incident, except for that “no fire”. Many newspapers therefore didn’t found it necessary to amend their initial report.

FACT : on 26th Dec 2012, the Aviation Herald reported about this incident. Source: Ukraine’s Ministry of Transport.

So don’t shoot the messenger. I’ve just asked why an Ukraine Ministry is our source for an incident that happened in Belgium. Honestly, I don’t know, but let me guess: because some people don’t like it when “negative” news about LGG appears because they think that such news damages their image of perfect airport.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

What a steam, my friend Passenger... :lol:

Postby Passenger » Today, 00:47
This is a forum, and the general principle of a forum is that everyone is free to share news, information, facts, comments. If news about LGG has to be limited to good news about cargo growth only, the title of this topic has to be changed.

- No, you have a thread for your favorit punching-ball--> Abnormalies in...

Excepted for: Crash: Kalitta B742 at Brussels on May 25th 2008, rejected takeoff.
I do not remember Belga and the press talking very often about irrelevant incidents happening at other airports in Belgium.

Now, for me, end of the story.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Comments are made by persons who have their own interests, their own sentiments about companies, airports, and so on.
Some are pro-Brussels Airlines and legacy carriers, some are pro-Ryanair and budget airlines, some actually work in aviation, others are just interested or fans or spotters or AvGeeks, some are pro-BRU or pro-CRL and LGG, there are businessmen and tourists, you name it.
Very few if any are totally unbiaised, impartial, unprejudiced - it's quite normal, and, I'll add, much more exciting when they post comments !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Yes, I fully agree with you. Nobody is neutral here, not even those who should be (Adm. and mods.)
On the other hand, if you check the members list, > 95% never post a comment.
All in all, it's maybe better having a few hairsplitters (*) here rather than never contributing.
(*) I'm probably one of them. ;)