Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is the status of the planned extension of Pier A. I assume they are still working on the paper parts (ebvironmental permits, ...). Is there already an architect appointed: I assume the extension will be the same style as the existing pier A?

Even if they would start building in 2019, it will not be available soon. So how would new ailrines be hosted? For example if Air Belgium starts and indeed grows to 4 planes, SN expands a bit, and others like Asiana woudl join, that would bring back a difficult situation (not enough gates in some periods of the day). Especially since not all the bridges of Pier B will be available over the period 2017-2022 (well at least one).

Of course maybe Asian flights will be late evening flights (?)

Any information on the ongoing preparation work welcome.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Check this: beautiful new terminal at Schiphol: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=745

Meanwhile at BRU...

This is the main entrance area for ALL passengers arriving by bus, taxi or drop off area.... in 2017. Beyond shameful. Welcome to the Soviet Union.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Boavida wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 23:23 Check this: beautiful new terminal at Schiphol: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=745

Meanwhile at BRU...

This is the main entrance area for ALL passengers arriving by bus, taxi or drop off area.... in 2017. Beyond shameful. Welcome to the Soviet Union.
You compare a model and a real building. In fact the entrance to BRU is horrible but we do not compare pears and slippers!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

What's wrong with that entrance ?
Its totally in line with the rest of Brussels :-)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

convair

Post by convair »

This entrance area is awfull indeed. We are so used to it that we don't even see it anymore.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

nordikcam wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 12:25

You compare a model and a real building. In fact the entrance to BRU is horrible but we do not compare pears and slippers!
Just to compare the ambition and dynamism of AMS to the standstill of BRU... Yeah I know BRU also has a plan... for 2040(!!!!) LOL I don't call that a plan but just a dream.

Btw, this is the entrance area of Schiphol...today.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

You are comparing to the best, NL is known to be perfect.
i can drive maastricht to alkmaar without one road hole, without any work, without even grass on the side of the road. Those people can only do perfect.
In belgium the expectations should be compared to something alike : bulgaria, romania, ...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Let's not be too harsh on Belgium as a whole. There are big regional differences. Cities like Leuven, Ghent, Brugge, Hasselt, even Antwerp are well-kept and lots of new developments going on. I just want BRU to get also a bit more 'professional'. It is NOT OK to have an entrance area like this in 2017. It is NOT OK to have a distant plan for 2040 to have it renewed. It's urgent.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Interview of Arnaud Feist on Regional TV of Brussels : BX1 sunday 10 december 2017

https://bx1.be/emission/big-boss-arnaud ... t-company/

Nothing we know already ... passenger record beaten but that will remain just below 25M / 2022-24: 30M passengers expected. Works to accommodate the A380 / Can not send all the freight to LGG because synergies between passenger flights and freight / regrets the lack of solutions to noise / entering the capital of BSCA? No discussions at the moment, the Walloon Region refused / South America not directly covered : BRU nearly won GRU before the attacks. Forecast for 2019-2020 with a South American company / SFO before LAX and Jo'burg ... but not immediately / Discussions with SQ...

travellover

Post by travellover »

Well. Not black or white between BRU and AMS. The car/bus enter gate, drop off/in area is awful OK. What can be done to change something ? But Connector and Pier A are great realisations and show the way. Between regions there are shadings ,looking to infrastructures and towns investments.
Cheers

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Boavida wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 12:55 Let's not be too harsh on Belgium as a whole. There are big regional differences. Cities like Leuven, Ghent, Brugge, Hasselt, even Antwerp are well-kept and lots of new developments going on. I just want BRU to get also a bit more 'professional'. It is NOT OK to have an entrance area like this in 2017. It is NOT OK to have a distant plan for 2040 to have it renewed. It's urgent.
It seems you have not been in BRU for a while, there is a lot of development ongoing.

The "BRU 2040 Vision" is not just a distant concept, it is a phased plan with milestones to be reached in 2021, 2030 and 2040. The new entrance is actually one of the first milestones and should be completed by 2021.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/bruss ... n-tuesday/

Passengers are complaining on twitter about the long queues at security. Waiting times of up to one hour. Brussels Airport responded that they are solving the delay.
Brussels Airport long queues at security.jpg

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

luchtzak wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 12:06 https://www.aviation24.be/airports/bruss ... n-tuesday/

Passengers are complaining on twitter about the long queues at security. Waiting times of up to one hour. Brussels Airport responded that they are solving the delay.
Brussels Airport long queues at security.jpg
Are they going to blame the federal police for this as well? :roll:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I was in those queues this morning. First at the boarding pass control. It took some 15 minutes to go through it. Then at the security check. Another 20-25 minutes. Not all lines were manned, but they tried to accelerate the process by not checking as thoroughly as usual. I barely missed my flight, but for other reasons: our infamous SNCB/NMBS cancelled a train between Brussels-Luxembourg and the airport at the last minute and there is only one train per hour on that route.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I'm in Lisboa for the moment here they have 13 passport control machines....why so less in Brussels.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

lucas

Post by lucas »

lumumba wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 23:12 I'm in Lisboa for the moment here they have 13 passport control machines....why so less in Brussels.
There is almost no place to put them, I guess.

Stij

Post by Stij »

sn26567 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 20:14 I was in those queues this morning. First at the boarding pass control. It took some 15 minutes to go through it. Then at the security check. Another 20-25 minutes. Not all lines were manned, but they tried to accelerate the process by not checking as thoroughly as usual. I barely missed my flight, but for other reasons: our infamous SNCB/NMBS cancelled a train between Brussels-Luxembourg and the airport at the last minute and there is only one train per hour on that route.
Isn't there a bus as well?

Cheers,

Stij

pitrixplanespotting

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

Works at the spotterplaces 'transitcentrum' and 'vliegbos' will start 8 January and end somewhere in April. Spotterplaces will be closed by a fence...

Source: Spotters news letter (Brussels Airport)
spotter.png

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

pitrixplanespotting wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 21:21 Works at the spotterplaces 'transitcentrum' and 'vliegbos' will start 8 January and end somewhere in April. Spotterplaces will be closed by a fence...

Source: Spotters news letter (Brussels Airport)
spotter.png
Yes! Check https://www.aviation24.be/airports/bruss ... 8-january/

Frederic_K

Post by Frederic_K »

BRU getting A380 ready.
Airport door mockup on the left
20180115_094031.jpg
20180115_094017.jpg
20180115_094012.jpg
Attachments
20180115_094012.jpg