In the recent traffic report, you can find the number of passengers, flight operations and air cargo for May 2018 and from the beginning of the year.
Transport figures for May 2018
•Passengers: In May 2018, 2,950,206 passengers landed and took off from the airports Schönefeld and Tegel. This is one percent less than the 5.1% recorded in May the previous year. In May, 1,128,802 passengers flew from Schönefeld (-1.3%), in Tegel there were 1,821,404 passengers (-7.4 percent).
• Flight operations: The number of flights to the airports Schönefeld and Tegel fell in May 2018 to 24,984 take-offs and landings, a reduction of 4.4 percent in comparison to May 2017. In Schönefeld, the number of flights rose to 9,240 (+0.7 percent). In Tegel, the number of flights fell to 15,744 (-7.1 percent) in May.
• Air cargo: In May 2018, 3,412 tonnes were recorded at Schönefeld and Tegel airports, a reduction of 29.8% compared to May 2017. The air cargo in Schönefeld amounts to 983 tonnes, that is 15.4 percent more than in May 2017. In Tegel 2,428 tonnes (-39.4 percent) of the air cargo was recorded.
Transport figures from January to May 2018
• Passengers: between January and May, 12,526,777 passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. That is a reduction of 4.5% compared to the previous year. In Schönefeld, 5,076,434 passengers took off and landed, that is 0.9% percent more than the same period in 2017. 7,450,343 passengers flew from Tegel, a 7.8% reduction compared to the same period the previous year.
• Flight operations: In the first five months of 2018, the number of flights in Schönefeld and Tegel fell to 109,418 take-offs and landings, a reduction of 3.3% compared to the same period the year before. In Schönefeld, the number of flights rose to 41,674. That is a rise of 1.7%. In Tegel, there were 67,744 take-offs and landings, that is 6.2% less than in the same period the year before.
• Aircraft: In total, between January and May, 15,481 tonnes of air cargo were recorded. This means a decrease of 26.6% in relation to the same period the previous year. In the first five months at Schönefeld, 4,671 tonnes of air cargo were dispatched (+24.3 percent), in Tegel this was 10,810 tonnes (-37.6 percent).
The transport figures can be found online: