Airline carries more than one million passengers in February for the first time
- European routes record the biggest growth in the absolute number of passengers carried
- Routes to and from the Azores and Madeira Autonomous Regions grow by 28.3%
- Greatest growth on long-haul routes is in flights to North America (the United States and Canada)
- TAP grows by 18.6% on Brazilian routes· Record for the number of passengers carried on the route between Lisbon and Faro broken in February
- Substantial increase in the load factor on Ponte Aérea flights between Porto and Lisbon: 8.5 pp
- Cargo transport also at record levels
TAP carried more than one million passengers during the month of February, the 12th consecutive month during which the airline has carried more than one million people.In February TAP carried a total of 1,042,019 passengers – 150,000, or 16.9%, more than during February 2017.In 2018 TAP also recorded its best February load factor, with 80.2% of available seats occupied by passengers – representing a 1.3% increase on the same period last year.